Pupil Specific Learning Support Assistant Norwich Norfolk
Vacancy: Pupil Specific Learning Support Assistant Norwich – required ASAP
Pupil Specific Learning Support Assistant
£8.69 – £9.21 per hour
16 hours 15 minutes per week, term time plus one week
Temporary (with a view to go permanent)
Cringleford C of E VA Primary School is a happy, thriving school where children develop and learn confidently in a stable and nurturing environment. We wish to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic teaching assistant to support a pupil with behaviour and learning difficulties in Key Stage 1. The hours of work would be from 12 – 3.15 p.m. every day.
The successful candidate will have:
• a warm personality and a good sense of humour
• high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement
• a good understanding of the aims and ethos of a Church of England school
• excellent communication skills
• good literacy and numeracy skills
• an interest in the wider life of the school beyond the classroom
• a calm, patient approach to supporting the needs of children
• initiative to support learning and behaviour
• appropriate skills to form positive relationships with children, parents and staff
Prior experience of teaching or managing pupils with autism would be an advantage.
We can offer:
• well motivated children
• a friendly, supportive team of colleagues
• a brand new school building
A job specification can be found on the school’s website.
Please note that if you are selected for interview we shall contact you by telephone or email, but if you have heard nothing a week after the closing date for applications we regret that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for interview. We take this opportunity to thank you for your time and interest in our school.
Closing date: 24 November 2017
Interview date: w/b 4 December 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any applicant must expect to comply fully with enhanced DBS and reference vetting checks.
This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants are very welcome to make an appointment to visit the school. To book an appointment, please e-mail the school – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made on an official application form which can be downloaded from the link below. Completed application forms should also be sent to the same email address – email@example.com