Graduate Teaching Assistant Birmingham
Vacancy Details: Graduate Teaching Assistant Birmingham
Graduate TA – Birmingham
Basis: Part-, or full-time supply work
Daily Rate: £75 – £85 per day
Start: October 2023
Hours: 8:30am-3:30pm Monday to Friday, no weekends
Graduate Teaching Assistant Birmingham. Are you a recent graduate? or are you looking for a career change?
Would you like to begin a career working with children or special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)?
Do you want to work in schools based locally to you?
4myschools are recruiting to expand our team of graduate TAs and is looking for reliable people to work as support assistants with children and young people in school-based roles.
Working as a Graduate TA provides excellent opportunities for career progression in careers such as:
- Class teaching
- Speech and Language Therapist
- ABA tutor
- Social worker
- Paediatric nurse/nutritionist/therapist
- Child psychologist/therapist
💫”We have a successful track record of helping graduates secure their dream jobs, we do this by helping you gain relevant child-based work experience in-line with your career aspirations.”💫
By working as a graduate TA you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience that you can include in your CV or job applications to give you an advantage for these highly desired roles.
We can help you secure ad-hoc supply work, regular part-, or full-time long-term supply contracts and permanent positions through the ‘temp-to-perm’ route.
4myschools have been working with schools since 2008, and have established strong connections in towns and villages across The Midlands, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, meaning we can provide you with work in schools based locally to you! Most of the work our schools arrange with us is pre-booked supply and long-term cover (both full and part time, for anything from half a term to a whole academic year!). We do also work with our schools to organise ad-hoc cover because this allows you to utilise any short notice availability you may have.
📑What to expect as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with 4myschools:
- Work in schools based locally to you
- Competitive pay
- Full and half days available
- Full-, and part time supply opportunities available
- Advance notice bookings
- AWR compliant for supply and long-term positions
- Professional and friendly service
- Our industry expertise
- An honest consultative approach with consistent support from our team during your assignment – Click here to read reviews provided by our teachers and support staff.
🎓As the ideal Graduate Teaching Assistant you will:
- Be degree qualified
- Transferrable skills and knowledge such as from a childhood studies or psychology course,
- personal experience of SEND or volunteer work working with children
- Be flexible and reliable
- Have competencies in building rapport and liaising with the children you teach and fellow professionals you work alongside.
- Have an Enhanced, Child workforce, Disclosure, that is on the update service. This is preferred but not essential as we can help you apply for this
- Previous experience of working with children, SEND or vulnerable people (desirable but not essential)
👩🏻💻Your responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant will include:
- Responsible for delivering high quality learning support
- Engage with the children you support and the colleagues you work with
- To assess and monitor child’s achievements and behaviour, working closely with the teacher
- Liaise with the other members of the team including teacher, fellow TAs, and other professionals when necessary
- Tailor fun and interactive sessions to suit the needs of the children and supervise all activities
- Encourage and promote independence
- Supervise children whilst they completes tasks
- Ensure personal, social, emotional, and mental health needs are met throughout the day
- 4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
- 4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives.
- By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach and support.
- Click here to see what our teachers and support assistants say about us.
- You can see all of our available support staff positions by clicking here: https://www.4myschools.org/teaching-jobs/teaching-assistant-jobs-learning-support/