SEN Learning Support Assistant Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire
Vacancy Details: SEN Learning Support Assistant Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire
About The School:
The School is a vibrant and inclusive educational institution in Bishops Stortford, dedicated to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment for all their students. They are committed to promoting equality and ensuring that every child reaches their full potential. As part of their commitment to inclusive education, they are seeking a dedicated SEN Learning Support Assistant to join their team.
As a SEN Learning Support Assistant , you will play a crucial role in supporting the educational development of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN). You will work closely with teachers, SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Coordinators), and other professionals to provide tailored support to students, enabling them to access the curriculum and make progress in their learning journey. The School are looking for someone with previous experience working alongside pupils with autism.
– Provide one-to-one or small group support to students with SEN, adapting teaching methods to meet individual needs.
– Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with SEN.
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes the emotional well-being of all students.
– Collaborate with teachers and other staff members to create and deliver differentiated learning activities.
– Monitor and track the progress of students with SEN, providing regular feedback to teachers and parents.
– Support students with personal care, if required, ensuring their safety and dignity at all times.
– Relevant qualifications or experience in supporting students with SEN (e.g., CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools).
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
– A compassionate and patient approach to working with children with diverse learning needs.
– Understanding of different SEN conditions and strategies for supporting them.
– Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and a commitment to the welfare and safety of all students.
– Team player with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
– Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
What We Offer:
– A supportive and inclusive school community.
– Professional development opportunities and training in SEN.
– Competitive salary and benefits package.
– A chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN.
– A welcoming and collaborative team of educators.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: https://www.4myschools.org/about-us/giving-back/
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements. We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards