SEND LSA Colchester Essex
Vacancy Details: SEND LSA Colchester Essex
Location: Colchester, Essex
About The School:
The school are a large, reputable establishment located in the vibrant community of Colchester, Essex. Committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for it’s students, they are now seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of children with special educational needs and contribute to their academic and personal growth.
– Provide one-on-one or group support to students with special educational needs, ensuring their access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
– Implement personalized learning plans, in collaboration with teaching staff and other professionals, to meet the individual needs of each student.
– Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate strategies and interventions to support students’ academic, social, and emotional development.
– Foster a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, promoting positive behaviour and encouraging students’ independence and confidence.
– Support students with their personal care needs, as required.
– Collaborate effectively with teachers, parents, and external agencies to ensure a holistic approach to students’ educational and developmental needs.
– Monitor and track students’ progress, providing regular feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
– Contribute to the preparation and adaptation of learning materials, ensuring they are accessible and appropriate for individual students.
– Promote inclusive practices and advocate for students with special educational needs throughout the school community.
– Relevant experience working with children or young people with special educational needs.
– Knowledge of different learning needs and strategies to support students’ individual requirements.
– A patient, empathetic, and nurturing approach to working with children.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish positive relationships with students, parents, and staff.
– Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the changing needs of students and the school.
– The ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to a collaborative learning environment.
– A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
– Relevant qualifications or certifications in special education or related fields are desirable.
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
– A supportive and inclusive working environment.
– Opportunities for professional development and training.
– Access to a range of employee benefits and wellbeing programs.
– The chance to make a real difference in the lives of students with special educational needs.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: https://www.4myschools.org/about-us/giving-back/
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards