Graduate Teaching Assistant Ipswich Suffolk
Vacancy Details: Graduate Teaching Assistant Ipswich Suffolk
- Graduate TA – Ipswich
- Part-, or full-time
- Daily Rate: £75 – £85 per day
- Start: ASAP or September 2023
- Hours: 8:30am-3:30pm
Are you about to graduate from university?
Would you like to begin a career working with children or special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)?
Do you want to work in schools based locally to you?
4myschools are recruiting to expand our team of graduate TAs and is looking for reliable people to work as support assistants with children and young people in school-based roles.
Working as a Graduate TA provides excellent opportunities for career progression in careers such as:
- Speech and Language therapist
- ABA tutor
- Social worker
- Paediatric nurse/nutritionist/therapist
- Child psychologist/therapist
We have a successful track record of helping graduates secure their dream jobs, we do this by helping you gain relevant child-based work experience in-line with your career aspirations. By working as a graduate TA you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience that you can include in your CV or job applications to give you an advantage for these highly desired roles.
We can help you secure ad-hoc supply work, regular part-, or full-time long-term supply contracts and permanent positions through the ‘temp-to-perm’ route.
4myschools have been working with schools across Essex since 2008, and have established strong connections in towns and villages across the county, meaning we can provide you with work in schools based locally to you! Most of the work our schools arrange with us is pre-booked supply and long-term cover (both full and part time, for anything from half a term to a whole academic year!). We do also work with our schools to organise ad-hoc cover because this allows you to utilise any short notice availability you may have.
What to expect as a Graduate TA with 4myschools:
- Work in schools based locally to you
- Competitive pay
- Full and half days available
- Full-, and part time supply opportunities available
- Advance notice bookings
- AWR compliant for supply and long-term positions
- Professional and friendly service
- Our industry expertise
- An honest consultative approach with consistent support from our team during your assignment – Click here to read reviews provided by our teachers and support staff.
As the ideal Graduate TA, you will:
- Be degree qualified
- Transferrable skills and knowledge such as from a childhood studies or psychology course, personal experience of SEND or volunteer work working with children
- Be flexible and reliable
- Have competencies in building rapport and liaising with the children you teach and fellow professionals you work alongside.
- Have an Enhanced, Child workforce, Disclosure, that is on the update service. This is preferred but not essential as we can help you apply for this
- Previous experience of working with children, SEND or vulnerable people (desirable but not essential)
Your responsibilities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant will include:
- Responsible for delivering high quality learning support
- Engage with the children you teach and the colleagues you work with
- To assess and monitor child’s achievements and behaviour, working closely with the teacher
- Liaise with the other members of the team including teacher, fellow TAs, and other professionals when necessary
- Tailor fun and interactive sessions to suit the needs of the children and supervise all activities
- Encourage and promote independence
- Supervise children whilst they completes tasks
- Ensure personal, social, emotional, and mental health needs are met throughout the day
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields