Learning Support Assistant – Clacton – Essex
- Learning Support Assistant – Clacton – Essex
- Start ASAP – July 2023
- Temporary role
- Hours: Monday-Friday, term-time only, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Pay: £14,820 – £16,575 per annum
🌟 Seeking a Compassionate Learning Support Assistant 🌟
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children? Are you skilled at providing support and encouragement to those facing communication challenges? If so, we have an incredible opportunity for you!
At 4myschools, we are currently seeking a dedicated and empathetic Learning Support Assistant to work closely with a non-verbal KS1 child who has an EHCP for ASD. This unique role will allow you to positively impact a young learner’s educational journey, opening doors to communication and fostering their overall development.
This position is initially offered as a temporary role, with the exciting possibility of transitioning into a permanent position (temp-to-perm). The decision will be based on performance, compatibility, and organisational needs.
Learning Support Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one support, ensuring their safety, wellbeing, and educational progress.
- Implement and adapt specialised teaching strategies tailored to the child’s individual needs, encouraging their communication and engagement.
- Collaborate with teachers, therapists, and parents/guardians to create and implement personalised learning plans.
- Work with the child in their bespoke learning environment and assist with classroom activities, ensuring the child’s inclusion and participation in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Foster a positive and nurturing environment that promotes the child’s self-esteem, confidence, and independence.
- Monitor and record the child’s progress, keeping accurate records and reporting observations to the relevant team members.
Learning Support Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience working with children, particularly those with communication difficulties, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SLCN and ASD and techniques to support these specific needs
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build a strong rapport with children are essential.
- Knowledge of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) methods and assistive technology would be advantageous.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and a willingness to learn and implement new strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
What We Offer:
- A rewarding and impactful role in a supportive and inclusive educational environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through training and workshops.
- The chance to make a lasting difference in the life of a child and their educational journey.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An honest consultative approach with consistent support from our team during your assignment – Click here to read reviews provided by our teachers and support staff.
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach and support. Click here to see what our teachers and support assistants say about us.
You can see all of our available support staff positions by clicking here.
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields