Learning Support Assistant Colchester Essex
Vacancy Details: Learning Support Assistant Colchester Essex
Full-time term-time only
£75-£85 a day
4myschools are working with a fantastic primary school in Colchester, Essex who are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to support a pupil in KS1 presenting with Autism (ASD) and challenging behaviour. The ideal candidate will be positive and committed and have at least 6 months experience supporting children with SEND either professionally or personally. A childcare qualification is desirable however, not essential. This challenging, yet rewarding role is full time Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm term time only from September but can start sooner for the right candidate. We offer excellent rates of pay reflecting your experience.
You will be working in a supportive primary school where staff work as a team to raise attainment and pupils are motivated to reach their full potential and encouraged to blossom talents. The school is rated Good by Ofsted and is well known to 4myschools.
As the ideal Learning Support Assistant , you will:
- Have previous experience working with children or young adults.
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with young people and be confident in managing their behaviour.
- Help create a safe learning environment for the pupil, encourage participation in lessons and track their progress.
- Work closely with the class teacher and other members of the SEND team,
- Tailor sessions to suit the needs of the pupil,
- Ensure all Childrens’ personal, social, emotional, and mental health needs are met throughout the day.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent rates of pay.
- SLT support from the existing team within the school.
- Comprehensive induction programme and continuous CPD from the school
- Consistent support from our team during your assignment.
- Refer a friend Bonus.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option.
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools, we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards here
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields