Website 4myschools Ltd
LSA Cromer Norfolk
Job Advertisement: Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – Year 1
Start: September 2023
Pay: £70 – £90
LSA Cromer Norfolk. Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of young learners? Do you possess the patience, empathy, and dedication needed to support a child who requires additional assistance in their educational journey? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
4myschools are working with a primary school in Cromer, Norfolk who are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to provide one-on-one support to a child in Year 1. This position requires someone who can foster a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for a kind and gentle child who struggles to interact with peers and cannot access the national curriculum independently.
- Work closely with the child, building a supportive and trusting relationship to facilitate their social and emotional development.
- Provide one-on-one assistance in the classroom, ensuring the child can actively engage in the curriculum alongside their peers.
- Adapt and modify teaching materials and strategies to meet the child’s individual needs, enabling them to access the national curriculum effectively.
- Implement personalized learning plans and monitor progress, providing feedback to the child, parents/guardians, and teaching staff.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals, such as the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO), to develop and implement appropriate interventions and strategies.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting the child’s social skills and encouraging their integration with peers.
- Record and maintain accurate records of the child’s progress, achievements, and any challenges encountered.
- Relevant experience working with young children, particularly those with special educational needs or social difficulties.
- An understanding of child development and the ability to employ appropriate strategies to support a child’s individual needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with teachers, parents/guardians, and other professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach to supporting the child’s emotional and social well-being.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust teaching methods and resources according to the child’s progress and changing needs.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- A relevant qualification in education or special educational needs.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools has been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2008.
4.9* Google rating! Click here to read our reviews
Free safeguarding and Prevent training
Established and exclusive relationships built with schools across Essex for over 14 years.
Refer a friend scheme offering £150 per referral
Easy registration process that meets the DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards
You will be paid directly via 4myschools (PAYE)
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements