Teaching Assistant Ongar Essex
- Teaching Assistant – Ongar – Essex
- Start: 4th September 2023 – 24th July 2024
- Daily Rate: £76 – £85 per day
I am currently recruiting for a TA (Teaching Assistant) to join a small village school near Ongar, Essex for a full-time, term-time-only position starting on 1st September 2023. The position is to work on a temporary contract basis but has the possibility of becoming a permanent role from January 2024!
The position is to work Monday to Friday 8:30 am-3:15 pm as part of the classroom support team following the direction of the class teacher.
As the successful TA (Teaching Assistant) you will work with your class teacher to provide whole class support and promote learning by providing a positive learning environment and engaging activities that positively challenge the children’s development. In addition to these responsibilities, you will be taking phonics and precession teaching interventions. Previous experience leading interventions would be beneficial for this role.
The school is ideally looking for someone who can become part of their committed team and join in with the whole school experience.
Your responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant will include:
- Responsible for delivering high-quality learning support
- Engage with the children you teach and the colleagues you work with
- To assess and monitor child’s achievements and behaviour, working closely with the teacher
- Liaise with the other members of the team including teacher, fellow TAs, and other professionals when necessary
- Tailor fun and interactive sessions to suit the needs of the children and supervise all activities
- Encourage and promote independence
- Supervise children whilst they completes tasks
- Ensure personal, social, emotional, and mental health needs are met throughout the day
As the successful Teaching Assistant, you will have:
- Previous experience working as a TA (Teaching Assistant)
- A positive approach to classroom management helping create a positive learning environment
- A holistic approach to supporting children’s development
- Hold a grade 4 (C) or above in GCSE English and Maths
What we can do for you:
You will have a dedicated local consultant who has an in depth understanding of the schools in your area, supported by a fantastic team who are here to meet your needs every step of the way. 4myschools operates a full out of hours service and our office is open from 7am to 5:30pm.
We will always treat you as a valued member of the 4myschools team. You will have a choice of how you would like to be paid, including our PAYE with no weekly fee’s or employers tax costs passed onto you. We pay fairly and transparently, and wherever possible will pay to scale ensuring that we meet Agency Worker Regulations after 12 weeks with a school. You are paid weekly in arrears, receiving an online payslip with a weekly pay showing your HMRC deductions and holiday pay breakdown.
4myschools also offer training and development opportunities, which you can find out about more on our website: Resources – 4myschools Teacher Recruitment
More about us…
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach and support. Click here to see what our teachers and support assistants say about us.
You can see all of our available support staff positions by clicking here
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields