Cover Supervisor – Chelmsford, Essex
Full-time or Part-time, term-time only
£90-£115 a day
4myschools are working with a secondary school in Chelmsford, Essex who are looking for a dynamic and confident Cover Supervisor to oversee students in all departments on a lesson-by-lesson basis across Key stages 3 & 4.
The role of a Cover Supervisor varies. Typically you will provide support working with students either in the classroom or in group intervention sessions. Therefore, you will be required to deliver pre-set work to students and guide them through the learning objectives in the absence of the class teacher. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in teaching or has previous teaching assistant experience and is ready to take on more responsibility in an exciting, challenging role.
You will be working in a supportive secondary school where staff are positive and committed to raising attainment and encouraging students to work to the best of their abilities. In addition, the school is rated Good by Ofsted and is well known to 4myschools; they welcome applications from full- and part-time candidates.
As the ideal Cover Supervisor, you will:
· Have previous experience working with children or young adults.
· Demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with young people and be confident in managing their behaviour.
· Report back to the class teacher or head of department after each lesson recording students’ participation, progress, and behaviour.
· Ensure all resources are available at the start of each lesson.
· Be flexible to adapt to work in different departments.
· Be proactive and use your initiative.
· Additionally, have excellent communication and organisational skills.
What’s in it for you?
· Excellent rates of pay.
· SLT support from the existing team within the school.
· Comprehensive induction programme and continuous CPD from the school.
· Consistent support from our team during your assignment.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
Also, we also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
Giving back! Every time a school uses 4myschools, we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard and received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards here
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields