Experienced LSA Birmingham
Vacancy details: Experienced LSA Birmingham
Duration: Full Time, Monday – Friday, Term Time only, 8:30am-3:30pm⏳
Contract: Long Term Supply with the potential for a permanent appointment 🎫
Start Date: ASAP 📅
Day Rate: £14,895 – £16,528 (working 39 weeks of the year)💰
We have an incredible opportunity for a compassionate and dedicated Learning Support Assistant (LSA) supporting with students who have Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH). This role offers a chance to make a profound impact on the lives of two children within a mainstream Primary School located in Central Birmingham. As an LSA, you will be focused on supporting KS2 pupils.
Your primary responsibilities will involve working closely with two children in the class who have Education, Health, and Care Plans (EHCPs) and have been identified as requiring a more personalised 1:1 approach. These students have been identified as having SEMH and trauma-related needs, resulting in a variety of challenges, including:
- Sensory needs – difficulty concentrating in noisy environments
- Barriers to interaction
- Challenging behaviours, including deficiency
For this position, it is crucial to have prior experience in supporting individuals with these specific needs, along with knowledge of effective techniques and strategies to promote their active participation. Furthermore, you will become an integral part of the class team, collaborating to teach, support, and manage the classroom effectively.
🪶Your Responsibilities 🪶
- Assist lead educators in delivering their dynamic lesson plans.
- Foster classroom management by serving as a positive role model, providing reinforcement and offering guidance.
- Contribute to innovative curriculum development by sharing your observations and insights with colleagues.
- Offer valuable support to children aged 5-11 by providing alternative explanations for learning activities tailored to their interests.
- Explore various Teaching Assistant (TA) experiences through daily or long-term supply positions.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. While having a degree in a relevant field such as Childhood Studies or Special Education Needs (SEN) would be advantageous, it is not mandatory. Applicants from all academic backgrounds are welcome.
- Strong communication skills, empathy, and a genuine passion for education are essential.
- Previous teaching or mentoring experience is a valuable asset.
📖 About 4myschools 📖
- 4myschools is an educational recruitment and employment business that has been providing schools with dedicated, exceptional teachers and support staff since its establishment in 2009.
- We believe that our business has the power to transform lives.
- By joining us, you will be making a meaningful difference in the schools we collaborate with and the children you teach and support. To hear what our teachers and support assistants have to say about us, please click here.
To explore all available support staff positions, please visit our website.
📝How to Apply: 📝
Take charge of your career and experience the flexibility of supply opportunities through 4myschools. Apply now to become a Graduate Teaching Assistant and embark on a versatile educational journey that transforms lives and inspires learning.