Learning Support – Halstead – Essex
4myschools are recruiting on behalf of a much loved and well-regarded church school near the town of Halstead.
- Learning Support – Halstead – Essex
- Start: ASAP
- Contract: Temp-to-Perm
- Full-, or Part-time
- Pay: £78 – £90 per day (£390-£450 per week / £15,210 – £17,550 per annum *based on working 5 days per week)
The role: Learning Support – Halstead – Essex
The position is to support a child in Reception who has an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Below is an outline of the child’s needs:
- Non-verbal, using sounds to try and communicate.
- Short attention span
- NO behaviours that challenge
- Child ‘mouths’ objects and runs out of class so you will need to be vigilant and attentive to them and additionally, the surroundings
The position can be either full-time (8:30am-3:30pm), or a part time job share with a morning and afternoon split (8:30am-12pm and 12pm-3:30pm), Monday – Friday, term-time only.
The school are working to instil techniques and strategies that will support the child and promote communication and engagement and are open to employing someone they can provide in-house training to, or someone who has experience of supporting ASD and SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Needs). They are following a child-led approach, which means you will need to assess the child interests that day, and work to encourage interaction, communication, understanding and development in line with their focus area.
Located in a picturesque village In Essex, the school is commutable by car from both Essex and Suffolk.
Desirable criteria for Learning Support – Halstead – Essex
The role is to start ASAP; however if you have a notice period, the school will wait for the right person. This is a temp-to-perm position, meaning that you could secure a permanently employed position with the school once you have completed a period working on long-term supply.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To show you have a passion for supporting SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities), and the ability and understanding that you need to meet the child’s needs at their current level. Please note: on the job training will be provided.
- Personal attributes of patience, perseverance and adaptability are essential. These will be needed throughout your day to promote the child’s development and support them to experience school life.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on this rewarding role and make a positive impact on this child, please apply.
Submit your CV or call Bryony on 01245 353808 for more information.
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since 2009.
4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools and the children that you teach and support. Click here to see what our teachers and support assistants say about us.
You can see all of our available support staff positions by clicking here