LSA Speech and Language Support Birmingham
Vacancy Details: LSA Speech and Language Support Birmingham
Requirement: Full Time
Rate: £70 – £90 per day
Commencing: September 2023
Are you an experienced LSA with experience in supporting Speech and Language needs with primary-aged children?
Are you looking for a role within a local school?
About the role?
- LSA to offer Speech and Language (SLCN) support to a pupil with ASD.
- Your role will involve providing 1:1 assistance to the pupil across the school.
- You will not only assist the children with various curriculum learning activities but also have dedicated time to focus on this specific developmental area.
- This is a temporary-to-permanent opportunity, implying that you could, potentially be offered a permanent position at the school around January 2024
As the ideal LSA for Speech and Language support, you will:
- Have previous experience working with children – aged from 5-11 years, however, other experience is also welcomed
- Have provided Speech and Language support (SLCN), using specific techniques and strategies to develop this area
- Be understanding of the impact that Speech and Language delay, can have on the child and have an encouraging and positive manner when managing any frustrations
- A level 3 qualification would be beneficial but is not essential
- Working with 4myschools as a specialist LSA provides you with a number of opportunities from flexible working with daily supply, contract work for up to 1 year on long-term supply, and permanent appointments. We’d love to speak with you to see how we can help you!
Who are 4myschools?
- 4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
- We are a forward-thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
- We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option.
- We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
- We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: https://www.4myschools.org/about-us/giving-back/
- 4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
- We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
- The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
- We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards.