Learning Support Assistant Colchester Essex
Vacancy Details: Learning Support Assistant Colchester Essex
Part-time, term-time only
£70-£85 a day
4myschools are working with a primary school in Colchester, Essex who are looking for an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to work with their Reception pupils. This EYFS support role is part-time, 2 days a week and you will be supporting and guiding 4–5-year-olds in small groups and one to one. The ideal Learning Support Assistant will have previous childcare experience in primary schools or an early years setting, however not essential.
We would love to hear from confident, creative, and passionate individuals who perhaps have a social care or creative arts background.
You will be working in a friendly, happy, and supportive 2 form entry primary school where staff are positive and energetic and strive to develop the potential of all their pupils. The school is wonderfully inclusive and regularly assess and observe all their pupils to ensure the right level of support is provided in order for them to progress. The school is rated Good by Ofsted and well known to 4myschools and they welcome applicants from graduates who are looking to pursue a career in education.
As the ideal Learning Support Assistant, you will:
- Have previous childcare or social care experience.
- Support the class teacher and liaise with the SENDCo to conduct baseline assessments to ensure pupils are progressing in all areas.
- Be proactive and use your initiative.
- Make use of communication methods like Now and Next, Makaton and PECs when needed.
- Have Grade 4 (C) or above in both English and Maths at GCSE level.
- Demonstrate positive behaviour methods and have knowledge and understanding of working with pupils in the EYFS.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have the ability to form positive relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent rates of pay.
- SLT support from the existing team within the school.
- Comprehensive induction programme and continuous CPD from the school.
- Consistent support from our team during your assignment.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option.
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools, we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards here
You can see all of our available support staff positions by clicking here
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields