Primary Headteacher Central Norwich
SEPTEMBER 2023 or JANUARY 2024 – Full time permanent role
L10 – L16 – (£52,724 – £61,167)
All payments are payable under the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
The Trust provides a SODEXO benefits package to all staff
The trust are looking for a Headteacher in their popular infant and nursery school, located in Central Norwich, on the fringes of Norwich city which is renowned for its rich history, culture and many green spaces. Someone with drive and ambition, able to shape the school to realise their vision. There is a well-established collaborative approach across all of the trusts schools (currently run 17 schools in Norfolk and Suffolk, 10 Primary and 7 secondary schools), and provide strong support from the trust to raise standards even higher.
The core purpose of the Headteacher is to provide professional leadership and management for the school. This will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the school’s work.
• Qualified to degree level;
• Qualified Teacher Status;
• Evidence of appropriate professional development;
• Willingness to continue professional development;
• NPQH or equivalent (desirable);
• Hold a full driving licence.
• SENDCo (desirable)
• DSL (essential)
• Experience of management of a core curriculum area and/or a Key Stage;
• Extensive EYFS and/or KS1 Experience
• Clear evidence of leading a team to accelerate progress;
• Existing senior leader or Headteacher within a Primary setting;
• Effective leadership, with clear evidence of impact;
• Outstanding classroom teacher;
• Strategic vision for raising standards in the Primary sector;
• Ability to manage change;
• Ability to develop effective relationships and teams;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• Experience of raising academic standards;
• Experience of monitoring classroom performance;
• Evidence of the impact of coaching/supporting individuals.
Knowledge and skills
• Lead, inspire, challenge and empower teams / individuals to perform outstandingly;
• Ability to use comparative data, benchmarking and target setting data;
• Ability to effectively evaluate and plan for improvement;
• Knowledge of effective teaching, learning and assessment methods across all key stages;
• Understanding of effective leadership;
• Knowledge of new technologies and MIS systems;
• Knowledge and experience of tracking progress and attainment;
• Demonstrate personal and professional integrity and an ability to model the values and vision of the school;
• Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences;
• Think strategically, build and communicate a coherent vision in a range of compelling ways;
• Emotional resilience in working through challenges.
• Knowledge of the Education Inspection Framework
• Understanding of Early Years Foundation Stage
• Knowledge and understanding of primary curriculum- intent, implementation and impact
• In depth understanding of successful strategies to develop reading, writing and numeracy
• Passionate about education and educational issues;
• Constant drive for improvement;
• Ability and energy to inspire the best in others;
• Exceptional personal integrity and character;
• Evidence of commitment to significant continuous professional development;
• Personal impact and presence;
• Displays sensitivity;
• Sense of humour and approachability;
• Both a team player and a leader;
• Displays Emotional Resilience;
• Ability to motivate colleagues and pupils
Opportunities like this are rare. If this excites you, please apply!
4myschools is an education employment business. We have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply teachers to local schools and by paying teachers fairly. We believe that business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.