Vacancy Details: SEN Teaching Assistant Wolverhampton West Midlands
SEN Teaching Assistant Wolverhampton West Midlands
Date September 2023
£70 – £90 per day
4myschools are working with an all through SEND school in Wolverhampton who are currently recruiting for a full time SEN Teaching Assistant to start in September but if available, you could start sooner. The school provides education and support to children aged 5-16 with a range of Special Educational Needs including communication and interaction difficulties to complex physical and medical conditions; all class sizes are small and have a class teacher and multiple assistants. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to join the school who will be working full time 2:1 with a child with complex needs and behavioural challenges.
The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will have previous experience of working with children or adults with additional needs in a school or support setting. Experience in moving and handling is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
This will be a thoroughly rewarding role for someone who has previous SEND experience. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, enthusiastic, and ready to take on a challenge. You will be required to support learning and social wellbeing and typically work from 08:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, term time only, earning between £70-£90 per day, depending on experience. Candidates with a Level 3 childcare qualification or prior SEND experience (professional or personal), will be desirable. For this role personal care and manual handling is required.
This role has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
As the ideal SEN TA, you will:
- provide support to child with SEND/Complex needs 2 adults will be supporting child
- Understand and follow individual EHCP
- Have a positive and approachable demeanour,
- Have previous experience supporting young people with SEND,
- Have a passion for supporting children with SEND,
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Be friendly, caring, and able to work well as part of a team,
In this role, you will be expected to:
- To assess and monitor child’s achievements and behaviour, working closely with the teacher and SENDCo,
- Take direction and assist Class Teachers, SENDCO and external therapists,
- Tailor fun and interactive sessions to suit the needs of the child and supervise all activities,
- Encourage and promote independence – utilizing Makaton signs and PECs,
- Supervise child whilst they complete tasks,
- Ensure personal, social, emotional, and mental health needs are met throughout the day,
- Provide a safe, stimulating, happy and friendly environment
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent rates of pay.
- SLT support from the existing team within the school.
- Comprehensive induction programme and continuous CPD from the school.
- Consistent support from our team during your assignment.
- Refer a friend Bonus
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009. We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option. We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools, we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard. We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year. https://www.4myschools.org/?s=gold
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements. We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards here
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields