SEN Teaching Assistant Oldbury
Vacancy: SEN Teaching Assistant Oldbury
Location: Oldbury, Birmingham 🚗
Job Type: Full-Time ☀️
Daily Rate: £70-£85 per day 💰
We are seeking enthusiastic and compassionate Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants (SEN TAs) to join a SEN school in Oldbury. As an SEN TA, you will play a vital role in supporting students with special educational needs, ensuring they receive the right level of care to support their individual learning plans.
- Provide one-on-one or group support to students with special educational needs within the classroom setting.
- Help students with their academic, social, emotional, and behavioural development.
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher and other professionals to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Support students with personal care needs, where necessary, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Monitor and record student progress, maintaining accurate records.
- Experience working with children with special educational needs, preferably in an educational or care setting.
- A patient, empathetic, and nurturing approach, with the ability to establish rapport with students and gain their trust.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with students, colleagues, and parents/carers.
- Knowledge of various special educational needs and the ability to adapt support strategies accordingly.
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and resilience in handling challenging situations.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates (e.g., CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools, Autism Awareness, Makaton, etc.) are desirable but not essential.
📗Who are 4myschools?📗
- 4myschools is an education recruitment employment business who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
- We are a forward-thinking, supportive team of industry experts.
- We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option.
- We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smartphone or desktop.
- We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: https://www.4myschools.org/about-us/giving-back/
- 4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
- We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
- The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements. We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards.