SENDCo Grays Essex
Position: SENDCo Grays
Location: Grays, Essex
Salary: £140 – £310 per day
Working Days: Full Time – Five days a week
Start Date: April 2024
Contract Duration: 1 term (with the potential for a permanent appointment)
SENCO Grays Essex. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) to join an Alternative Provision, based in Grays, Essex. This rewarding position offers an excellent opportunity to lead and coordinate the provision of support for students with special educational needs (SEN), including those with behavioural needs and social/emotional difficulties SEMH.
– Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive SEN support system in collaboration with teaching staff, parents/guardians, and external professionals.
– Conduct assessments and oversee the identification of students with SEN, ensuring appropriate interventions and support plans are in place.
– Collaborate with teachers and support staff to adapt teaching strategies and resources to meet the diverse needs of students with SEN.
– Monitor student progress and provide guidance on effective strategies to enhance their learning and well-being.
– Facilitate effective communication between all stakeholders, including parents/guardians, teachers, support staff, and external agencies.
– Stay up-to-date with current SEN legislation, best practices, and research to inform and improve provision.
– Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent.
– National Award for SENCO (NASENCO).
– Substantial experience working with students with SEN, including behavioural needs and social/emotional difficulties.
– Strong knowledge of SEN legislation, codes of practice, and inclusion strategies.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with colleagues, parents/guardians, and external agencies.
– Strong organisational and leadership abilities to coordinate and lead the provision of SEN support.
– Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for promoting inclusive education and supporting students with diverse needs.
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2008.
5* Google rating! Click here to read our reviews
Free safeguarding and Prevent training
Established and exclusive relationships built with schools across Essex for over 14 years.
Refer a friend scheme offering £150 per referral
Easy registration process that meets the DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards
You will be paid directly via 4myschools (PAYE)
We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.