Website Brentwood County High School
Year 2 Teacher Thurrock Essex
Vacancy Details: Year 2 Teacher Thurrock Essex
Are you looking for a new and rewarding teaching role?
A new opportunity has arisen, for a Year 2 teacher to join a successful and established teaching team at Little Thurrock Primary School. They are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and committed teacher to join their friendly team. The School are keen to appoint someone with a proven track record as an effective practitioner, or an ECT that has achieved highly whilst training. This will be a Year 2 post for the summer term and then follow the class to become their Year 3 teacher.
The Ofsted in November 2023 said that the school was “Good in all areas” it noted that “The school’s curriculum is ambitious and well thought through. It ensures that pupils build on their learning, starting from the early years.” Little Thurrock is a three-form entry Community Primary School with 21 classes. Each class has a maximum of 30 pupils. They are delighted that we also have a 52 place nursery as part of the school. https://little-thurrock.osborne.coop/
Ofsted also noted “The school is at the heart of the local community. Pupils know this and enjoy coming to school to see their friends. They are respectful and inclusive of everyone. Pupils contribute to the community by raising money for charities as well as gathering donations that they take to the local food bank. They visit local elderly people, whom they play games with and talk to. Pupils behave well and feel safe.” Little Thurrock Primary School is committed to ensuring all its pupils receive an outstanding education, achieve their full potential and are equipped with the skills and attitudes needed to be active citizens of the 21st Century. Children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now, and in the future.
As part of the Osborne Cooperative Academy Trust, the school is proud of its inclusive ethos and the broad and enriched curriculum that it provides for all pupils. The supportive staff have high aspirations for the pupils and strive to make a difference in the lives of the children and their families. Our schools’ ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate curriculum knowledge, have strong behaviour management skills, a positive, caring and friendly mindset and show a commitment to supporting learners to improve educational outcomes. This role would be suited to someone enthusiastic, personable, empathetic and able to communicate effectively, whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner, under pressure.
The school has 84 members of staff and 630 children, but strives to ensure staff have a positive working environment and a good work life balance by establishing the following:
- Friendly, caring and supportive school that has a one big team approach to workload
- Curriculum is mostly pre-planned reducing planning time, with resources to improve lessons
- Has a strong, established & supportive SLT that creates a positive team environment
- Excellent staff retention
- A place where pupils feel safe, happy, valued and respected
- An inclusive school, where everyone works hard to ensure all pupils receive stimulating learning experiences, with high expectations for all children
- External PE / Sport coaches that cover PPA time
- Excellent ECT support from the Trust
- Active School Council and PTA who raise initial funds for the school
- Supportive LSA’s recognised for their contribution towards SEND children
- Outstanding facilities in the school
- Good transport links to A13 and public transport
This position will involve:
- Supporting pupils, to ensure they are engaged in activities and creating a positive classroom environment to stimulate learning
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
- Act as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and promoting positive pupil behaviour, to create a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures about health & safety, welfare and wellbeing and safeguarding
- To establish positive relationships with the pupils in lessons being covered
Little Thurrock Primary School is a member of the Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust. The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust, with twelve member schools within Essex. All schools in the Trust work in equal partnership and are members of the schools’ Co-operative Society. Our Co-operative Values focus on enabling all students to achieve their potential both academically and as young people.
What the school can offer:
- Two Week October Half-Term
- Recognition of continuous service
- Automatic enrolment into the National Teacher Pension Scheme
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Career progression throughout the Trust, with the ability to progress in other schools
- The support of an experienced family of schools and the central trust
- National Conditions of Service
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent behaviour management policy to support all staff
- Wider support network for all staff including managing workloads and work-life balance
How to apply
If you feel the school would suit you, and you have the passion, drive and commitment to work with us to make all aspects of the school outstanding, please apply now or you can request a visit of the school or for more information speak to Ayshen Uluhan email@example.com or call 01375 648901. As a trust, they welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds.
Little Thurrock Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on their formal application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to be considered for this post, application forms are available via their website, Vacancies in the Trust (osborne.coop) or Essex School Jobs.
Closing date: Friday 2nd February 2024, Midday
Interview date: Monday 12th February 2024, Midday
Start date: April 2024
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate before the closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Read the full job description – https://osborne.coop/organisational-documents/job-descriptions/teacher-primary/