Safeguarding children isn’t optional, all supply teacher agencies should have thorough vetting procedures, with an obligation to ensure all candidates fully comply with acceptable externally audited standards before attending any school and to clear through the vetting process as quickly as possible. This helps potential supply teachers to get work as soon as they are cleared and available.
There are a number of ways that the registration process with a new agency can be accelerated. These are outlined below to ensure you are not missing out on any valuable work offers:
- Have a full concise CV ready, detailing a 10 year history of employment with no gaps, including qualifications and a personal profile
- Provide details of at least two referees, one of which must be your last teaching post and current employer, ideally both who are able to comment directly on your performance in the education field. Both referees must be senior to you, covering the last two years and be contactable at their current place of work.
- Be subscribed to the update service for Child Workforce DBS – this allows us to complete an instant check online to confirm the DBS is valid and clear. If a new DBS application is needed then this can take up to 2 weeks to complete.
- Ensure you bring a full set of original ID documents (no copies they must be the original documents) with you to the face to face interview, including the following:
- Passport/Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- 2 x Proof of Address (dated within the last 3 months)
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Degree/QTS/Induction certificates
- Safeguarding Training
- Any work permits or Visas
- National Insurance Number
We endeavour to chase all of your references and ensure that you are compliant as soon as possible, our aim being to clear our teachers for work in less than 14 days. We have cleared teachers the exact same day as the face to face interview, which has enabled our recruitment consultants to get them straight out to work the following day. One of our Essex Secondary teachers, Jane, registered and worked within 2 days. She made the following comment about our registration process:
‘I was pleasantly surprised and indeed most impressed at how quickly my personal details and DBS were processed so that I could get out to work in schools in the Chelmsford area, late in the year. Not only is the speediness of the “4myschools” service but the professional integrity of the staff worth a mention. From the outset I was made to feel most valued and employable. No pressure has ever been put upon me to accept supply work that I may have deemed to be out of my comfort zone. In addition all the staff are fun, friendly and warm, even during early morning phone calls!!’
The more prepared you are for the face to face interview the faster you can be cleared for work. With the new academic year starting in September soon approaching, now is the ideal time to get in touch and register, or to ask your family and friends within education if they’re looking for another position for the new academic year. There is massive demand for good supply teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors – if you are interested in working within a primary or secondary school get in touch with an agency for an initial chat to see who this could work for you. You may like to register with us using the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss further: