Celebrate World Space Week with your primary and secondary classes with the help of these booklets, quizzes and activity ideas.
Inspire an interest in space exploration with these themed resources, hand-picked for World Space Week
Observed in 4 – 10 October every year, World Space Week was set up to celebrate the contributions of space science to the advancement of the human condition. The largest annual space event in the world, there’s no better time to encourage learners to discover more about the importance of exploring it.
To help you to do just that we’ve brought together a collection of teaching ideas, to not only introduce the topic but engage students of all ages.
Get a feel for students’ knowledge of the solar system before launching into a week of space-themed learning with this collection of introductory activities and displays.
- History of Astronomy
- The Planets and Solar System – Posters + Table
- Space Intro and Follow Along Sheet
- Space Exploration Timeline Activity
- Materials Challenge: Make a space teddy powerpoint
- Space: Planet Fact File
- Year 2 Living in Space Comprehension – Science
- Space Investigation
- Satellites in Space (KS4)
The link to the original article can be found on TES.