Every October is International Walk to School Month – an opportunity for children to join hundreds of thousands of pupils across the globe to help save our habitat.
Throughout October, consider the contribution that traffic pollution makes to climate change and the effects it has on wildlife and natural habitats around the world.
By walking to school, we reduce our carbon emissions, supporting natural habitats and animals across the globe.
Click on the link below to find out more and there are prizes too
There are six prizes in total: three prizes for school accounts and three for parents/carers accounts.
- SCHOOL ACCOUNTS: We have three £100 vouchers up for grabs to buy our Walk to School resources for your school.
- PARENT/CARERS ACCOUNTS: We have three £100 vouchers from a sustainable child clothing brand.
How to Enter
- Choose an animal or natural habitat endangered due to climate change and walk, wheel, scoot, cycle or Park & Stride to school this October to protect it.
- Share with us on social media (Twitter or Instagram) which animal/habitat you have chosen to protect and why. We’d love to see your pictures, videos, drawings or costumes so get creative!
- Make sure you use the #WalkForTheWorld hashtag and tag us @LivingStreets.
This social media prize draw is open to UK schools and families who have a social media account. One post equals one entry, so we encourage you to post as much as you can, even every day of the month picking a different animal to increase your chances of winning!
For more information on the Internation Walk to School Month challenge, head to the Living Streets.